Get your adrenaline pumping full time as you behold great White Sharks circle your cage during a shark cage diving adventure. You cannot be in Cape Town and not take part in Shark diving for Cape Town is literally the head office of shark diving in the world.
Perhaps the only challenge with Shark Diving is it depends on the weather conditions that will be prevailing. As such, trips are normally confirmed a day before the actual adventure date.
- Up to 2hrs drive along the N2 Highway or to Hermanus turn off.
- Shark cage diving with the great white sharks
- Video shooting
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Cape Town|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8:00 AM – 8:30 AM (depending on weather).|
|RETURN TIME||5:30 PM – 6:00 PM|
- Pick up from Hotel
- Drive to Gansbaai
- Breakfast on arrival
- Tour Orientation
- Launch from Gansbaai harbour
- Shark Cage diving
- Viewing the Great White Sharks
- Return to Harbour
- Viewing DVD and handing out certificates
- Wine tasting
- Return back to the Cape Town
R2000 per person for the actual diving +R1000 per person transfer from and back to Cape Town. The larger the group the lower the transfer fee per person.
- You are picked up from your accommodation in Cape Town as per information provided the previous day
- Drive via N2 and turn off on the Hermanus turn off.
- On arrival you are welcomed with a continental breakfast
- Diving start between 10:00hrs and 12:00 noon from the Kleinbaai harbour – times depend on the tide and weather.
- You then have continental breakfast and payments are made (visa and MasterCard’s accepted)
- Then after signing indemnities you are taken through a safety briefing which covers route, trip duration and possible marine wild life which you may encounter albeit in their natural habitat.
- After that you will then launch to your spot as directed by the skipper based on the weather conditions and current sightings.
- You then drop anchor at your chosen spot where the crew attracts the great whites with a special “charm” which brings these apex predators to within arms length while in the boat or cage
- By then you are afforded a life time opportunity to photograph or video shoot these apex predators either from the boat or from the cage –visibility is still the same.
- The round boat trip to and from the harbour normally takes 3 to 4 hrs very much depend on the shark activity.
- Safety briefing is given to all tourists in detail and must be obeyed at all times for your own safety.
- On completion of the trip you are taken back to the crew house where you will have a light lunch and view your action packed DVD’s.
- Shark diving certificate is also issued and diving DVD’s are also obtained on request
- If you are prone to emotion sickness we recommend that you conact a pharmacist prior to the trip and acquire the necessary medication which should be taken prior to the trip.
- Pregnant women should consult their physician prior to the trip
- You do not require ant previous diving experience or qualifications. You hold your breath and view the white sharks swim pass you. You simply hold your breath and go under water for few seconds
- We do not use air, it is believed that the bubbles keep the sharks away from the cage.
- Surface viewing of the Great White Sharks is just as spectacular as the great white cage diving as sharks are surface feeders and can be observed closely and photographed from the boat.
- All diving equipment such wetsuits, booties, masks. Wet weather protective jackets and clean dry towels are provided and are included in the tour price.
- On return to our crew house, a hot shower is available at no charge
- Warm clothing including a change of underwaer, cap, sun block, camera and films is essential items for the trip.
- A variety of fresh bread rolls, water, cool drinks, frit & other snacks are provided on board. Please help yourself
- A USB Flash Disc with the captured priceless memories of the trip will be available after the trip at an additional cost of R300
- After an action filled day with these Apex preditors we drive back to Cape Town